Senior Principal Engineer Systems - Airworthiness Engineer
Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) located in Rancho Bernardo and Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Senior Airworthiness Engineer to work on exciting programs.
The selected candidate will perform technical airworthiness planning and verification support including development and negotiation of airworthiness plans, basis of certifications, means of compliance, and certification activities for complex total systems with NGAS Integrated Product Teams and Responsible Engineers as well as customer counterparts in support of programs.
Reviews and coordinates with other airworthiness engineers, and with other engineering disciplines, airworthiness artifacts from all levels of the total system to include: design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance. Performs functional and process analyses.
Ensures the logical and systematic realization of customer airworthiness objectives are turned into system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. Flight Releases, Type Certification, continued airworthiness, operation, and airspace integration)
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline along with 9+ years of aircraft engineering experience
- Technical depth in an engineering discipline
- Active Department of Defense Secret Clearance or higher
- Bachelors or Masters in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering with work experience on manned and/or unmanned aircraft systems
- DoD Airworthiness Experience
- Military aircraft development or modification experience
- Experience with aircraft development or modifications
- Experience generating artifacts and/or compliance reports as part of aircraft certification or continued airworthiness
- Design and Systems Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Flight Technology, Crew Systems, Mission Payload Integration, Structures or Flight Test
- Familiarity of MIL-HDBK-516B Expanded and -516C
- USAF Airworthiness Policy Directives, Instructions, and Airworthiness Bulletins (AWB)
- Familiarity of FAA Federal Aviation Regulations
- Civilian aircraft development or modification experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top