Senior Principal Engineer - Space Systems Manufacturing
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Engineer to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This engineer will beperforming as the Manufacturing Subproject Manager (SPM) and occasionally Project Manufacturing Engineer (PME). This individual will be responsible for the development of the production plans and execution of space systems program hardware. The SPM/PME is responsible for the coordination and deployment of manufacturing and production resources to in the fabrication, assembly and test areas in a dynamic production (flight) environment. The successful candidate will apply their excellent technical, project management, communication skills, proven team leadership and ability to interface with various levels of personnel including internal shop floor personnel, engineers, program leads. A key aspect of this role is the ability to make persuasive technical arguments while balancing cost and schedule elements of the program.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9 years of experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 7 years of experience in an aerospace environment.
- Technical working experience in a space or aviation hardware production and/or operational environment.
- Active DoD Security Clearance.
- Experience with thespace hardware
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Active In-Scope TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in a STEM field
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top