Senior Principal Engineer Software - DevOps
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSenior Principal Engineerto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. This position is seeking a strong DevOps lead to support program initiative.
- Standup of large scalesoftware factory used by software team
- Integration complex systemsthat facilitates continuous build, continuous integration, continuous test, continuous deplooyment
- Strong communication skills is a must to workwith Software IPT, chief engineers, and development team
- Preferred candidate should have experience with VMware infrastructure and automation
- 9 Years with a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Math or Engineering (STEM); 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Must have a keen understanding of the software development life cycle
- Must be familiar with build tools (i.e., Maven, Ant) and continuous integration environments (i.e., Jenkins,TeamCity)
- Must have experience using the Agile methodology.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix/Windows Administration
- Strong experience with Virtualization technology
- Experience with the full Atlassian tool suite (Confluence, JIRA, GIT, Crucible, FishEye, Crowd).
- Experience developing builds in Maven, including MAVEN profiles. Ability to automate software builds and releases via Maven & Nexus.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with developing formal builds within the DoD industry.
- Certification from VMWare and Cisco is desired
Back to top