Senior Principal Engineer Software
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSoftware Systems Engineer Level4to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform software specification requirements development,functional analysis, and integration/troubleshooting at the system, subsystem level, and software level.
- Software Requirement Specification (SRS) development
- Work with Responsible Engineer (REs) to define software requirements
- Trace software requirements to segment requirements
- Ensure consistency and quality of Software Systems Engineering products
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for the VMS (Vehicle Management System) Team
- Supportthe investigation of issues and drive to closure
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, integration/test engineers, and software engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEMfieldwith 9+yearsof applied experience or 7+ years with a Master's Degree or 4+ years with a PhD.
- Security Requirements: Candidate must have Active DoD Top Secret and a background investigation within the scope of five years and be able to obtain and maintain a program specific accesses if required.
- Experience with VMS (Vehicle Management System) or Software Systems Engineering
- Master's Degree in STEMrelated fieldwith7+ years of experience.
- Experience with Software Requirement Specification (SRS) development
- Experience with VMS (Vehicle Management System)
- DOORS proficient
- Program Access
Back to top