Senior Principal Engineer EHS
- Plainview, NY
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Engineer EHS to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Bethpage, New York.
In the role, the successful individual:
- Interprets, recommends, and complies with environmental, health and safety regulations and/or company policies. Assists in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new environmental requirements. Writes and updates environmental and spill-control manuals and procedures. Prepares environmental impact statements and applies for all new permits and renewals.
- Provides input to federal and state regulators through trade associations and industry groups for the writing and revision of regulations. Oversees environmental remediation operations and contractor coordination.
- Assists Corporate compliance and ISO 14001 audits and EPA, state and local regulatory audits. Conducts internal inspections and evaluates policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and Sector & Corporate requirements.
- Ensures inspections are conducted, corrective actions are completed on time, and all documentation is properly maintained. Investigates and resolves compliance problems, questions, or complaints received from within the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
- Monitors pollution prevention activities, compliance and auditing efforts. Conducts studies and prepares environmental impact reports for new construction projects, plant processes, Green technologies and permit changes.
- Works with Manager to develop and assist in developing programs designed to increase employee awareness and knowledge of compliance policies. Supports multiple sites.
- 10+ years Environmental remediation experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and holds a valid driver's license.
- Experienced with Microsoft office
Back to top