Senior Principal Engineer EHS
- Plainview, NY
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future while having a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Engineer EHS to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Bethpage, New York.
In the role, the successful individual:
- Interprets, recommends, and complies with environmental, health and safety regulations and/or company policies. Assists in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new environmental requirements. Writes and updates environmental and spill-control manuals and procedures. Prepares environmental impact statements and applies for all new permits and renewals.
- Provides input to federal and state regulators through trade associations and industry groups for the writing and revision of regulations. Oversees environmental remediation operations and contractor coordination.
- Assists Corporate compliance and ISO 14001 audits and EPA, state and local regulatory audits. Conducts internal inspections and evaluates policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and Sector & Corporate requirements.
- Ensures inspections are conducted, corrective actions are completed on time, and all documentation is properly maintained. Investigates and resolves compliance problems, questions, or complaints received from within the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
- Monitors pollution prevention activities, compliance and auditing efforts. Conducts studies and prepares environmental impact reports for new construction projects, plant processes, Green technologies and permit changes.
- Works with Manager to develop and assist in developing programs designed to increase employee awareness and knowledge of compliance policies. Supports multiple sites.
- 10+ years Environmental remediation experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and holds a valid driver's license.
- Experienced with Microsoft office
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top