Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer--Space and Satellite Systems
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
We are seeking a Software/Computer/Electrical/Aerospace Engineer who is motivated to learn and excel in an embedded software development environment for immediate support of National Security Space programs. Candidates will participate in software requirements analysis and specification, test planning from unit to system level, planning and performing software qualification tests and writing test reports as part of teams developing software for both existing and in-development spacecraft programs.
In addition to developing software, candidates should be familiar with basic electrical engineering practices as they apply to integration and debugging of systems in a laboratory setting. The ideal candidate will have expertise in C/C++ programming, hands on experience with realtime operating systems (VxWorks) and be knowledgeable of embedded software integration and test activities on aerospace avionics systems. An understanding of waterfall, spiral and Agile software lifecycle processes and continuous integration using Jenkins is valuable. Familiarity with common devops tools and the ability to use them to perform software rapid prototyping and process automation is also desirable. Superior communication (reading, writing, speaking) fluency is necessary for this position.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Participate in software requirements, design, implementation and test.
2. Make frequent contact with both internal and external customers concerning design, development and maintenance of software.
3. Act as a software subject matter expert for pre-proposal, proposal and existing program efforts. Represent the company as a customer contact on contracts or projects.
4. Work directly with integration and test and other production engineering disciplines to resolve complex spacecraft system problems
5. Develop embedded avionics software in support of National Security objectives
This position may be filled at the Principal or Senior Principal Software Engineer level, depending on experience and qualifications.
Back to top