Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer with TS/SCI Clearance
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from undersea to space and cyberspace.
NGMS is seeking a Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer with the desire to learn new technologies to join our innovative Embedded and Intel Software team to help develop, enhance and maintain software on cutting edge products and systems.
Candidates will work on software systems for mission systems in all phases of the software development lifecycle, primarily in C/C++. The selected individual will interface with systems engineering to develop flow down software requirements and technical specifications. Responsibilities include identifying risks, suggesting mitigation, tracking defects, developing resolutions, and reporting status. The individual will also be expected to develop and execute unit tests and build verification test plans, and track and report test status.
Additionally, the selected individual will conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and additional technical documents. The responsibilities include active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews, and other reviews, as required. The selected individual will actively participate in the technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end to end system point of view. Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a team environment. Existing engineering and system specialists will be made available to assist with any activities associated with executing primary tasking. However, the selected individuals will be expected to prioritize and make recommendations to Technical Leads, as required, to implement tasking assigned.
This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline.
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in a related industry (7 years with a MS degree, 4 years with PhD)
- C/C++ programming experience
- Proficiency in working with real time embedded software
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance is required
- Candidate MUST have an ACTIVE US DoD Top Secret with SCI clearance prior to starting employment (clearance is not required for consideration)
- Experience in algorithmic application development
- Experience in real-time embedded software development knowledge of Radar, Electronic Warfare, or Space technologies
- Experience with ClearCase/ClearQuest Configuration Management Tool set
- Experience with VxWorks Operating System
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Coverity and/or KlocWork tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top