Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer - Microservices
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principal Embedded Software Architect Engineer - Microservices based out of Point Mugu, CA.
We are seeking lead software engineers for full time assignments supporting design and development of Airborne Electronic Attack programs with our Navy Customer at Pt. Mugu. The focus for these assignments will be developing Mission Planning software for the Navy's Electronic Warfare Services (EWS) and Airborne Electronic Attack (AEA) Unique Planning Components (UPC) at Pt. Mugu. The successful candidate will have experience in design, development and integration in full life cycle software system development.
We are looking for senior-level software engineers with to work in a dynamic team environment that entails interaction with distributed teams including the Navy customer and other contractors. The position includes coordination and collaboration with external organizations and internal functional disciplines to plan, execute and work through program activities and issues; with strong oral/written communications skills and demonstrated technical leadership capabilities. This includes the maintenance of strong customer relationships and providing innovative technical solutions specific to software and the domain of electronic attack.
- BS degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited institution with 9+ years of experience in the development and maintenance of real-time embedded software systems; Master's degree with 7+ years of experience; PhD with 4+ years of experience.
- The ability to obtain and Secret Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- An Interim Secret Clearance is required to start.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Visual Studio, JIRA, TFS, Git, Docker, Sprint/Eureka, RabbitMQ, Atlassian, Jenkins, Microsoft Office, DOORS
- Good working knowledge of microservice or software architecture
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function as a member of an integrated team is essential.
- Electronic Warfare and Mission Planning, including Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, SAFe
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top