Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer IPT Lead
- Baltimore, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from undersea to space and cyberspace.
NGMS is seeking Senior Principal Software Engineers with the desire to learn new technologies to join our innovative Software Technologies team to help develop, enhance and maintain software on cutting edge products and systems. Candidates will work on software systems for mission systems in all phases of the software development lifecycle, primarily in C/C++.
The selected individual will perform as the Software Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead. The SW IPT lead will focus on two primary areas of responsibility: team leadership and team technical performance. Responsibilities include the oversight and addressing of cost, schedule, and technical quality for Software development efforts.
The SW IPT Lead will lead a SW development team on a program as the Control Account Manager (CAM). The lead will ensure the team has the resources needed to get the job done. They will need to collaborate with other engineering disciplines across the program as required to accomplish the program goals. Additionally, the individuals will provide technical and cost inputs to a Basis of Estimate (BOE) Tool for ongoing and future work. Individuals will work with the software engineering homeroom managers to identify engineers to be on the team. They must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a team environment.
This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in a related industry (7 years with MS, 4 years with PhD)
- The candidate must have experience in a technical leadership role on a software project
- Exposure to all aspects of the software engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing.
- An ACTIVE US DoD Security Clearance at the Secret Level (or higher) is required.
- Experience in algorithmic application development
- Experience in real-time embedded software development knowledge of Radar, Electronic Warfare, or Space technologies
- Experience working as part of an Agile scrum team
- DevSecOps knowledge and experience
Back to top