Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA. You would be joining our diverse and talented Software Engineering team in the design, implementation, and integration of real-time embedded software for our next generation Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation System and/or our Avionics Systems.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline with9 years of Software Engineering experience or an MS in Computer Science or related discipline with7 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience in translating software requirements into software design, producing software code from designs, and testing and debugging software code.
- Demonstrated experience determining and developing solutions to complex difficult problems.
- Demonstrated use of programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Ada95.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience developing embedded real-time safety-critical software for Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation Systems using processes that employ DO-178C guidance and criteria.
- Experience in the use of Model Based Engineering (MBE) tools to develop and test real-time safety-critical model based applications.
- Experience with IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Experience with the Green Hills Integrity operating system.
- Experience with Mathworks Simulink MBE tools.
- Experience in the development and execution of requirements based testing, including structural coverage testing, to achieve DO-178C objectives.
- Some experience with Object-Oriented development and UML based design development tools such as IBM Rhapsody is a plus.
- Some experience using modeling tools such as MatLab, MathWorks Simulink and ANSYS SCADE and using requirements management tools such as DOORS is desirable.
- Experience with Software test tools such as LDRA or Vectorcast.
- Familiarity with languages such as Python and the automation of requirements based testing.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top