Senior Principal Electrical Engineer
Senior Principal Electrical Engineer
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOX), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS) Business Venture, is currently seeking a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
AOA-Xinetics designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NGSS business initiatives.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and R&D services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
The Senior Principal Electrical Engineer will perform as a member of an interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientists on different project assignments, as well as a technical lead and/or primary technical resource on project teams and hardware engineering activities. The successful candidate should have proven abilities in electronic hardware product design, design support to proposal development, product test definition, and requirement specifications development efforts.
• Collaborating with peers and other engineering disciplines in architecting, planning, designing and prototyping complex electromechanical systems
• Design electronic circuit boards for use in electro-mechanical systems for commercial, industrial, defense/government and other industries
• Complete tasks according to schedule, budget, cost, and design objectives
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Perform work with minimal direction while exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or other STEM discipline
• 10+ years of experience in analog, digital, and mixed electronic system design
• Full lifecycle design experience of multilayer SMT printed circuit boards (PCBs)
• Application experience that includes phase lock loops, signal conditioning, pulse width modulation, control and feedback systems, distributed hardware systems, etc.
• Embedded design experience incorporating Xilinx FPGAs
• Electronic circuit design simulation experience (e.g. SPICE simulator)
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• US Citizenship is a bona fide requirement as applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Analog design experience in analog low noise, analog filters, shielding, and/or EMI
• Digital hardware design and simulation experience using VHDL
• Schematic capture using Mentor Graphics DxDesigner
• Experience developing embedded firmware using C
• Design experience using the STM32 ARM Cortex microcontrollers
• Experience developing motor control circuits for stepper and BLDC motors
• Project leadership of technical teams of electrical engineers
• Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top