Senior Principal Design Engineer - Space Components
- Huntington Park, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Highly motivated senior principal design engineer for pressure vessels assemblies with the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of flight hardware from preliminary through detailed design, drawing release, manufacturing, integration, verification testing, and delivery
- Responsible for the design of major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) equipment, develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches and notes necessary to present design proposals to internal and external customers.
- Create layouts and drawings of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning (GD&T)
- Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in design layout to fellow responsible engineers or designers.
- Support development of technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Apply current technologies and aid in the development of new technologies.
- Support proposal efforts and business development activities
- Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Analysis, Quality, Materials, Manufacturing) to create and verify creative design solutions that meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
- Preparation and release of engineering drawings to industry standards
- Assist in assessment and disposition of discrepant hardware and hardware anomalies
Back to top