Senior Principal Cyber Systems Administrator
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. Every day, we design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars. Our employees engage in questioning, problem solving, designing and building our way toward Defining Possible. Defining Possible tells the story of a company leading the way. It's an ethos that is future-driving and optimistic. It is a rallying cry and a uniting call. It is a shared purpose for our employees and a promise to our customers that we'll rise to any challenge.
If you are looking for a challenging and dynamic work environment with access to experts in virtually every field, culture that focuses on supporting employees and opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, Northrop is the right place for you.
At Northrop Grumman, you will have access to a wealth of training and mentoring resources to include: technical courses, certifications, bootcamps, tuition assistance, and specialized training programs tailored to meet the demands of our customers and advance your career. Northrop Grumman is a Top 50 Diversity Employer ranking #1 for veterans and people with disabilities in 2019 and also received the Gold Award for Military Friendly companies in 2020. For more information on the benefits of Northrop Grumman click on the links below:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Cyber System Administrators to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction. Our System Administration teams support a wide range of systems and programs using modern technology stacks and methods.
As a Cyber System Administrator you will work closely with development, security and system engineering teams with creating, implementing, supporting and maintaining multiple custom applications. Strong troubleshooting skills are required and familiarity with modern monitoring and provisioning tools preferred. Work may be done independently and / or as part of a team. Candidates will be supporting a wide range of equipment including: physical and virtual hardware, cloud and container environments, networking, storage, licensing, and provisioning.
Educational / Years of experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Related Technical Field. 4 years of direct experience on similar projects or programs may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of Experience Administering Linux OS ( RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu )
- Scripting such as Bash, Python, Perl
Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph is required
Willingness to Support/Learn:
- Minimum IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoD 8570 ( i.e. Security+ CE ) obtained within first 30 days
- Exposure to Cloud / Virtual Computing environments ( AWS, MASH, C2S, OpenStack, Azure, KVM and VMware )
- RHCSA or equivalent Linux Certification
- Configuration Management tools: Git, Maven, Jira
- Provisioning tools: Ansible, Puppet
- Container experience: Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Continuous Monitoring: ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash ,Kibana), Nagios, Splunk, Wireshark
- Apache NiFi
- Understanding of Networking equipment: Cisco, Brocade, Juniper
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top