Senior Principal Cloud Architect
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people; and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a proven Enterprise Cloud Architect that can advise the team on on-premise and SaaS enterprise digital transformation with the aim of aligning people / process / technologies and increasing product quality. The selected candidate will ensure a successful transition of a monolithic architecture largely developed in Java to a Microservice-based architecture. We are seeking someone who thrives on technical leadership, enterprise architecture, and application design. Ideal candidate is a passionate, creative, and self-motivated engineer who will be responsible for development of the technical vision and solutions that meets architectural needs of our Government customer and can deliver on end-to-end responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Cloud guidance and architectural oversight during requirements, design, development, and delivery to ensure that the end-to-end solution remains aligned to the strategy and target architecture. We expect you to provide strategic recommendations for Cloud design, infrastructure design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces.
- Work with technical leads and across technology areas to identify, prioritize, and resolve moderately complex and high-impact issues related to the transition of a legacy, monolithic architecture to a modern microservice-based architecture capable of executing on-premise, in-cloud, or a combination thereof.
- Design and implement a microservice architecture with high performance, scalability, maintainability and testability, supporting geographically disparate users with high quality.
- Solve complex problem for a multitude of customers with differing and unique requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- 5+ years of experience in Java software development, engineering, or related field
- Hands-on experience working on microservice infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in J2EE and popular Java frameworks(Servlet/JSP, Spring, Hibernate, Web Service etc)
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing public cloud, like AWS, Azure, Google cloud
- Prior application of agile methodology
- Strong business analytics, design and implementation skills
- Understanding and/or application of DISA STIGs
- In depth knowledge of Unix, JVM, and Web servers (Oracle WebLogic, Tomcat, Jboss, etc)
- Experience leading a transition from monolith to microservice
- Experience working as a Scrum Master
- Understand containers and container platform (K8s, Dockers etc)
- Strong knowledge of Oracle or other RDBMS, SQL programming and tuning
- Hands-on experience on Spring Framework (SpringCloud, Spring Boot, Spring MVC) is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with any of the following: S3, BitBucket, PostGreSQL, Jira, MongoDB, HP Fortify, SonarQube
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top