Senior Nuclear Surety Engineer T05
Senior Nuclear Surety Expert needed to conduct technical nuclear surety analyses, nuclear certification assessments, and risk & vulnerability analyses required to support GBSD development. Development activities include the GBSD Technical Maturation/Risk Reduction program execution, supporting GBSD Engineering, Manufacturing, and Development (EMD) phase Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses and EMD execution. Analysis activities include safety/security evaluations of the design, operation, and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, propulsion, transportation & handling, nuclear command & control, software, and communications subsystems. Duties also include technical support to the Air Force ICBM Nuclear Certification Manager with AFI 63-125 Nuclear Certification Program activities, presenting technical material to the Nuclear Surety Working Group and other AF review boards. Principal responsibilities include direction on Nuclear Safety Design Certification compliance including weapon system specifications, weapon system architecture, and compliance documents (DoDD, DoDIs, AFIs and AFMANs) with integration into Model Based System Engineering environment to produce required artifacts for Nuclear Certification in accordance with AFI 63-125
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)with 14+ years of engineering experience OR
- Master's degree in STEMwith 12+ years of engineering experience OR
- PhD in STEMwith 9+ years ofengineering experience
- Experience with DoD, AF Nuclear Surety policy and processes or equivalent DOE nuclear facilities
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Current DoD Top Secret Clearance or DOE Q clearance
- Working knowledge of AFI 91 series, AFI 63-125, AFMAN 91-118, AFMAN 91-119, DoDD 3150.022
- Experience conducting Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Work experience at the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center and/or the Air Force Safety Center, or DOE Nuclear Infrastructure Complexes or National Laboratories
- Experience interfacing with Air Force Global Strike Command, United States Strategic Command, and National Nuclear Safety Administration with associated National Laboratories
- Project management experience to include integrated master schedule development/execution, cost account management, and project planning
- Track record of mentoring junior personnel to develop their skill sets and prepare them for increasing responsibilities.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills. Good verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with teammates, stakeholders (Air Force Safety Center, Nuclear Weapons Center, National Security Agency, etc.) and customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top