Senior Nuclear Surety Engineer 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening fora Senior Nuclear Surety Engineer 5to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The Senior Nuclear Surety Expert is needed to conduct technical nuclear surety analyses, nuclear certification assessments, and risk & vulnerability analyses required to support GBSD development. Development activities include the GBSD Technical Maturation/Risk Reduction program execution, supporting of GBSD Engineering, Manufacturing, and Development phase Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses. Analysis activities include safety/security evaluations of the design, operation, and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, propulsion, transportation & handling, nuclear command & control, software, and communications subsystems. Duties also include technical support to the Air Force ICBM Nuclear Certification Manager with AFI 63-125 Nuclear Certification Program activities, presenting technical material to the Nuclear Surety Working Group and other AF review boards. Principal responsibilities include direction on Nuclear Safety Design Certification compliance including weapon system specifications, weapon system architecture, and compliance documents (DoDD, DoDIs, AFIs and AFMANs) with integration into Model Based System Engineering environment to produce required artifacts for Nuclear Certification in accordance with AFI 63-125.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and14+ years of engineering experience OR
- Current DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with DoD and AF Nuclear Surety policy and processes.
- ICBM work experience, particularly related to ICBM design, operations, requirements, maintenance, or security.
- Experience conducting Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Work experience at the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center and/or the Air Force Safety Center
- Experience interfacing with Air Force Global Strike Command, United States Strategic Command, and National Nuclear Safety Administration with associated National Laboratories
- Project management experience to include integrated master schedule development/execution, cost account management, and project planning
- Track record of mentoring junior personnel to develop their skill sets and prepare them for increasing responsibilities.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills. Good verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with teammates, stakeholders (Air Force Safety Center, Nuclear Weapons Center, National Security Agency, etc.) and customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top