Senior Node.js Developer- Health IT
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking Senior Node.js Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government's largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on providing development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation for a Disability System.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation for a Disability System.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and develop user interfaces/applications and conduct testing
- Understands the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints
- Plan for and conduct implementation activities
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills on pertinent systems
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management
- Develop presentations in MS PowerPoint and conduct briefings to project stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience, Master's degree and 12 years of experience, or 18 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 6 months experience in at least two of the following technologies: Node.js, and/or React.js., Angular, Express.js, NGiNX, and Redis
- Experience with popular Node.js web frameworks and/or utility libraries such as: Express, Hapi, Underscore/Lodash, Async, Bluebird, and Grunt.
- Experience with code coverage, unit testing, and integration tests.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Strong proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- 2 years of experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools (e.g such as Rally, JIRA, or Version One)
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) disability experience is a plus
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with React.js frameworks (e.g. Redux)
- Experience with ECMAScript 6
- Experience with designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience with microservices and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices.
- Experience in conducting system end-to-end testing
- Experience with Container Technologies Docker - (swarm, compose).
- Experience with scheduling and orchestration technologies (kubernetes, zookeeper, etcd, consul).
- Experience in creating API design/technical documentation (Raml, swagger)
- Experience in using debugging and observability tools for live systems dtrace, strace dtruss
- Experience in post-mortem analysis of a node process.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience in messaging protocols such as AMQP (Rabbitmq, Kafka, Nats).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top