Senior Material Principal Proposal Analyst - San Diego, CA
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Experienced Proposal Analyst: Global Supply Chain (GSC) Estimating
Northrop Grumman Autonomous Systems Division. Rancho Bernardo, CA
As the GSC Estimating Proposal Analyst, the successful candidate will be responsible for large and complex material and subcontract cost estimates. Working most assignments without assistance, the position requires significant cross functional collaboration with other departments primarily consisting of Subcontracts, Program Management, Engineering / Product Support, Contracts, and Pricing. The GSC Proposal Analyst is anticipated to cover a portion of the Autonomous Systems new business and follow-on proposal activity, many of which require approvals within the division level. The proposal analyst should be comfortable working in a fast-paced multi conflicting priority environment.
- Providing pricing instructions for major supplier RFQ's
- Preparing complex material and subcontracts cost estimates based on technical requirements definition and/or existing product structures
- Researching and analyzing historical cost data as required, collaborating with engineering as required to develop estimates in accordance with customer request for proposal (RFP) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
- Preparing clear, concise, and timely GSC cost estimate review packages and supporting GSC, Division, Sector, and Corporate proposal review and approvals as required
- Developing and submitting adequate and compliant GSC cost volumes for customer proposal submissions
- Supporting customer proposal walk-through's, customer fact-findings, DCAA audits, and customer negotiations
- Collaborating with Price - Cost analysis regarding major supplier proposals and cost analysis positions
- Working directly with Program Offices and GSC Program Management, supporting both proposal related efforts and other miscellaneous requests
- Contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Demonstrating skill and ability to analyze and developing innovative solutions for complex problems
- Communicating effectively and clearly presenting technical approaches and findings.
- Developing solutions to complex problems consistent with organization objectives which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation
- Performing most assignments independently without appreciable direction, exercising considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Making decisions that are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amount of company resources as well as problems with customer satisfaction.
- Serving as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on matters pertaining to policies, plans, and objectives
- Providing guidance and direction to co-workers assigned to other proposals and related activities
Material estimating experience in a US Government contracting proposal environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics or other related field OR equivalent experience in lieu of degree (2 years of experience equals 1 year of college), 10 years relevant experience OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience across different proposal phases (development, production and sustainment) and factor development.
- Hands on experience with estimating or financial analysis, including data collection and normalization
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and works well in a team situation
- Extensive material experience with government contracting and FAR
- Current active security clearance
- Independent forward thinker
- Master's Degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top