Senior Manager Business Development
The Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) Global Services Division is seeking a proven Senior Manager Business Development professional to serve in the role of Account Manager (AM) / client executive to cover the National Capital region Intelligence Community, DoD Intelligence Community (IC), DoD Enterprise IT, and DoD Cybersecurity. This position will be located in McLean, VA.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you.
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
- Perform all activities essential for the identification, qualification and capture of new business opportunities
- Develop strategies to build a pipeline, qualifying opportunities, manage all aspects of account/territory growth and drive customer relationships across all levels of the account
- Understand the applicable organizations, have direct relationships across these organizations and have strong working knowledge of their budgets, priorities and areas of investment in relation to NGTS capabilities & technologies
- Work closely with customers to identify and shape near-term and long-term requirements and should have a proven track record of successfully closing business within the IC and appropriate DoD agencies and organizations
- Serve as the principal liaison and point of contact with all key customers within assigned market segment
- Interface with Northrop Grumman Government Relations to accomplish customer executive level shaping
- Perform ongoing assessments of customer requirements, determine market trends and develop strategies that align the customer's needs/opportunities with NGTS capabilities and discriminators
- Assess NGTS market position versus competitors in the market segment by assessing their strengths, weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Identify sufficient business prospects to meet both near and long term business requirements
- Work closely with technology and strategy teams to determine customer and industry relationships required to scale in this market and will prepare comprehensive market/account plans
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline and 10+ years of business acquisition experience within the IC and/or DoD or a Master's degree and 8 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in intelligence operations support, cybersecurity, and IT services, with an understanding of and experience bidding and winning in this federal marketplace
- Proven presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, and a strong sales/marketing presence
- Ability to clearly present ideas to senior management, line management, and customers
- 25-40% travel required
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Active TS Clearance required; must be SCI clearable
- BD or executive level experience within the IC or DoD
- Strong IC and/or DoD customer relationships and ability to gain access to IC and DoD decision makers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top