Senior Level Network Specialist (CCIE, CCDE)
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop GrummanTechnology Servicessector is seeking a Network Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. This Network Engineer will be working on cutting edge network design and operations. This position will support various customers within Health Solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge network technology. Position is responsible for providing engineering expertise for complex multi-service networking. The network engineer is responsible for engineering and supporting the network design, deployment and operations for a large government customer located in Baltimore, Maryland. This position may require from 5% to 10% travel to various domestic customer locations.
Description of work:
- Provides technical analysis in data center network planning, engineering, and design.
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
- Evaluates potential networking products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Validate enterprise-level network design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities and deficiencies. Makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Reviews the customer's network looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures.
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.
- Analyze current networking device configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Develops implementation strategies, plans and processes for a nationwide rollout/upgrade of the network equipment
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for administering the monitoring and performance measurement system
- Upgrade configuration of existing networking equipment to support new features and functions.
- Provides daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions
- Configure and maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN), Network Admission Control (NAC), Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), Cisco NEXUS, Cisco ASR.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Northrop Grumman management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 14 years of IT related work experience, Master's degree and 12 years of IT related work experience, or Doctorate and 9 years of IT related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in engineering complex network systems
- Cisco Certified Network Engineers must possess one of the certification sets below:
- Two Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certifications OR
- One CCIE and one Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) certification
- Knowledge of Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, wireless LAN as well as the physical media and equipment associated with each
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Position of Public Trust
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Hands-on experience with Cisco NXOS
- Prior hands on experience with Cisco networks
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network technologies
- Understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations
- Understanding and experience with public and private cloud networking services
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top