Perform in-process and final inspections on product throughout the Satellite Manufacturing Facility work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test)
- Perform detailed inspections on both EEE and Mechanical components at the piece part, sub-assembly, assembly, and spacecraft level.
- Perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
- Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
- Generate non-conformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
- Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for configuration audit to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Quality Assurance or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function.
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
- Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift activities is required.
- U.S. citizen
- Associates (2 year) degree from accredited institution.
- ASQ certifications
- Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, or Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering is a plus.
- Working knowledge of TipQA and/or Costpoint database applications.
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists is a plus.
- Previous experience working in ISO-certified company.
- Able to work with different groups to achieve quality goals.
- Prioritize and multitask to prevent escapes and provided uninterrupted QA support.
- Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
- Basic technical writing skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top