Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer SME
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified and experienced Middleware Systems Engineer to provide Infrastructure support. This position will include working within an agile development team to help implement and maintain smooth operation of systems. All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
- Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to provide support as Weblogic, Tomcat SME
- The middleware engineer will support off hour impacts to the PSPD mission by joining production on-call bridge with the end-in-mind of resolving priority issues
- Perform production Infrastructure support for Java and J2EE based applications and platforms such as Weblogic, Tomcat
- The middleware engineer will be responsible for assisting with developing a PSPD enterprise application server baseline for the program
- Should be able to troubleshoot issues, going through weblogic, tomcat and application level logs, configurations to isolate problem source and recommend fix
- Enhance existing custom monitoring tool developed in Java
- Review and understand Weblogic logs, application logs, configurations and troubleshoot as necessary
- Be flexible to provide 24x7 on-call support on rotation
- BS with 9 years experience, MS with 7 years experience, and PhD with 4 years experience
- 5+ years of experience working on Weblogic
- 5+ years of experience with Apache webserver, Tomcat
- Experience working on Openshift and containerization tools and technology is highly desired
- 5+ years of experience on Linux
- Experience reading, writing and executing moderate SQL queries
- Experience in overall Production/Infrastructure (weblogic, Tomcat) support
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as - JIRA, Confluence
- Some Java development experience desirable
- Very good written documentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain DHS CBP Clearance - US Citizenship Required
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as AppDynamics or OEM are strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing highly desired
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools highly desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top