Senior Information Assurance Engineer
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking an experienced Senior Information Assurance Engineer to join
our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Seaside, CA with some partial telecommuting available.
The qualified applicant will
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those
systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability
- Establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and
accreditation of systems. This Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security
documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology
research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy
(i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6-3), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pretest
preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the
system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are
Other activities for this role include:
- Lead the Certification and Accreditation of a DoD System
- Create plans and schedules for the Certification and Accreditation
- Work closely with other DoD cyber security organizations
- Interface with system administrators, maintaining system compliance with DoD security requirements
- Prepare security control documentation and other items for the Certificate and Accreditation process
- Perform C&A lifecycle documentation maintenance
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems in a cloud environment
- Migrate existing on-premises applications to a cloud environment
- Implement and control the flow of data to and from the cloud
- Participate in the selection of the appropriate cloud service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Identify appropriate use of cloud operational best practices
- Estimate cloud usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Basic Qualifi cations:- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Working experience utilizing DISA STIGs
- Must have appropriate certification under DoD 8570.01-M
- Current CompTIA Security Certification or equivalent
- Must have experience with Certification & Accreditation under a DIACAP/RMF process to include authorize, monitor,
categorize, select, implement, and assess security controls
- Understand and have experience with controls validation testing procedures under Risk Management Framework
- Understand and have experience with cloud architecture and security policy and standards in relation to cloud. Those
- DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG)
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs),
- DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) controls for cloud,
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and responsibilities
- Excellent and well founded, written and oral communication skills are absolutely essential
- Experience with military/government
- -US Citizenship is required
- Systems administration experience with RedHat, Linux, or Windows operating systems
- Current CISSP Certification or equivalent
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance systems: HBSS, ACAS, eMass
- DoD Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top