Senior Dynamics Engineer 5 (Active Secret Clearance Required)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman in Azusa, CA is seeking a qualified senior system engineer with a strong background in space vehicle/payload dynamics and control to support Air Force NextGen OPIR payload proposal and engineering design and analysis for Program of Record. This position will require extensive experiences of building integrated dynamics and control simulation of spacecraft and gimbaled payload to estimate pointing performance, particularly jitter. The qualified candidate must demonstrate strong background in spacecraft attitude control, rigid and flexible body dynamics, and simulation. The selected candidate is expected to perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and system trade for integrated spacecraft/payload system. The candidate is also expected to performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Advanceddegree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics plus 12 or more years of work experience.
- 10 or more years of professional experience in the area of dynamics modeling.
- Current DoD Secret Clearancemust be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- PhD with a concentration in dynamics modeling simulation.
- Experience with dynamics modeling in space applications.
- Experience developing real-time flight Software.
- Proficiency with Mathworks MATLAB and Simulink
- Technical team lead experience
- Experience with typical electro-optical pointing hardware such as encoders, resolvers, inertial measurement units, motors, as well as pointing and control flight software constructs such as onboard attitude propagation and calibration, motor control, and anomaly, diagnostic, and resolution applications.
- Flexible multibody dynamics modeling simulation experience.
- Familiarity with commonly used tools in both MS Windows & Unix environments.
- Active SCI Program Access.
Back to top