Senior Cyber Security Architect 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Architect to provide guidance and support to engineering teams on a large contract supporting a major State customer.
The selected individual will work as part of an Architecture and Engineering organization responsible for a customer facing custom solution development process as well as supporting the evolution of enterprise service models, processes, and technology supporting the program. This role will liaison closely with the Security and Network Services engineering teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will provide assistance and strategic direction to our security engineering team, and will support functions of the architecture team including preparation of semi-annual product roadmap reports, architectural support of service areas to evolve their use of technology, and supporting the custom work request process. Typical activities in this area include requirements gathering, customer needs assessments, system integration and interface needs, solution designs, technology innovation, and implementation support. In this role, the candidate will work across a variety of functional areas and with a diverse group of individuals.
- Track, research, understand, and provide guidance on technology changes, advances, and improvements.
- Work with internal engineering and operations teams and Program Security Organization to identify security gaps, areas of improvement, service/process enhancements related to tools use, integration, data extraction.
- Work with customers (internal and external) to capture, and clarify customer needs
- Develop solutions, using existing service models, to support customer requirements
- Support solution implementation by providing teams with information about design aspects and ensuring implementations correctly meet requirements
- Track product vendor releases help service owners understand and plan for vendor release cycles
- Maintain product data in existing product tracking database
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline and 9 years of related IT experience OR Master's Degree and 7 years of related IT experience, an additional 4 years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse levels of technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with Office product, specifically Excel, Word, Visio
- Ability to work closely with customers and cooperatively with a cross-functional team and ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Ability to analyze and resolve customer issues efficiently
- Strong written & verbal communication skills along with presentation skills
- Experience identifying and evaluating security products and toolsets that provide enterprise services in a complex IT environment
- US Citizenship required
- Gap Analysis and Remediation by identifying requirements unmet by current products or services and recommendations for addressing requirement gaps.
- Maintenance and update of the technical test tools and capabilities, to incorporate new techniques that support a mission-ready capability, including updating documentation and training to reflect the current state of requirements, methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Working knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications, including emerging technologies.
- Participation in technical design reviews, system integration testing, load testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Excellent writing and technical documentation skills
- Excellent planning, organization, scheduling and progress reporting skills
- Excellent teamwork skills to collaborate with a diverse team of skilled systems engineers
- Excellent communications skills to articulate complex technical issues
- Architecture experience/certification (e.g. CEA/TOGAF/DoDAF)
- MS in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems/Information Security
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top