Senior CMM Programmer/Inspector
- Oxnard, CA
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman based out of Oxnard, CA, is a leader and pioneer in creating technologies for space deployable structures. Astro holds a stellar 100% on-orbit deployment success record on hundreds of flight units and our continuing commitment to high quality means reliable space deployable products for programs.
Astro Aerospace is currently seeking a qualified Quality Inspector. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for the following:
- Performs precision measurements and verifications of raw materials, components, outside processing and in-process activities.
- Performs required inspections on mechanical, structural components or systems to ensure conformance with the quality requirements for Astro Aerospace products.
- This position reports to the Supervisor, Inspection and works under general supervision. Work is performed within the confines of standardized Company and industry policies, practices and procedures.
- This job has decision-making responsibilities with regard to the acceptance or rejection of work and tests performed and the determination of measuring equipment used. Errors could be critical and adversely affect the Company's competitive position in the nuclear field.
- Inspects and performs tests on mechanical, electrical or structural components and assemblies as needed. Inspections vary from close tolerance dimensional checks to general surveillance of the work in progress.
- High School and 4 years additional experience, or AA Degree
- Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements (including GD&T) and specifications.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and a reliable team member.
- Self-starter with solid follow-through and multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload.
Back to top