Senior Cloud Architect
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a Senior Cloud Architect. This position is located at Fort Bragg, NC.
The Cloud Architect will lead the development and implementation of cloud-based initiatives to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, secure, and supportable, and that they achieve business and IT performance and budgetary objectives. Leads and directs one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IT projects that span across functional organizations; prepares technical solutions, project execution plans, and basis of estimates for new opportunities and identifies appropriate technical and business resources needed for the current and future projects. The Information Systems Cloud Architect keeps current on advances in the field of IT, and provides technical and analytical guidance to the project team.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- DoD cloud implementation
- Foster and maintain relationships among cloud technology vendors
- Provisioning websites and hosting mobile application backend infrastructure in the cloud
- Drive requirements for the customer, integrating multiple cloud capabilities and providing SLAs such as service availability, quality, and outage management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost efficient solution architecture.
- Provide high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff, and the customer
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments, and must possess the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plan and lead major technology assignments, with the potential to supervise others in doing so.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the senior customers on a daily basis.
Must possess a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of directly related IT and cloud experience.
- Must possess a Certification in one or more of the following:
a. CompTIA Cloud
b. MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
c. VMware VCP6 – Cloud,
d. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional.
e. Dell EMCCA: EMC Cloud Architect.)
Must have experience with Microsoft Cloud infrastructure (Azure, Dynamics 365, Office 365, and Power BI)
Must possess a Current Secret Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top