Senior Business Analyst- Health IT
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking Business Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government's largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on replacing ODAR's existing multiple and limited-functionality case processing systems with a modern cohesive claims processing system that makes better use of technology, eliminates fragmentation, streamlines processing, enhances functionality, and is more agile in workload/resource management.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
- Replace ODAR's existing multiple and limited-functionality case processing systems with a modern cohesive claims processing system that makes better use of technology, eliminates fragmentation, streamlines processing, enhances functionality, and is more agile in workload/resource management.
- Support activities in accordance with the waterfall and Agile Development methodology.
- Participate in Release and Sprint planning sessions
- Participate in Sprint Execution and Retrospectives
- Participate in Product Demonstrations and Reviews
- Participate in planning sessions and requirements elicitation sessions.
- Participate in design discussions and development meetings
- Perform data modeling, and Gap and Data Analysis documents
- Assist with data analytics
- Participate in review/status meetings
- Analyze business and technical requirements and document requirements and specifications.
- Develop user, functional and system requirements.
- Develop use cases, workflows and data flows.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Master's degree and 7 years of experience, Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience, or 13 years of relevant work experience as a business systems analyst.
- Experience in a wide-range of business analysis related activities including as-is and to-be analysis, gap analysis, requirements elicitation, analysis and impact analysis.
- Developing project artifacts including high-level requirements, detailed functional requirements, system interactions and business process flows.
- Experience leading and managing projects through the requirements gathering phase in a waterfall and Agile environment.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in developing use cases, requirements and performing functional testing.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing applications and working with SQL, SQL tools, and databases.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in data analytics
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience performing business systems analysis for systems that cross multiple components and impact multiple systems with demonstrated experience in developing use cases, functional specifications, and detailed design documents.
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) experience is a plus.
- Experience in using HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for requirements and testing.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint.
- Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building.
- Experience working with Natural Language Processing Rules a huge plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top