Senior Administrative Assistant
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join a community of professionals at the North Linthicum site, known as "BWI". As a valued member of the leadership team responsible for myriad programs, the Administrative Assistant is central to day-to-day office operations and will be welcomed as a valuable member. The selected candidate will align with the Electonic Warfare Operating Unit Director and will primarily support the Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program with additional support provided to the a small number of Directors and senior managers within the organization.
This position requires the individual to perform advanced administrative duties with exposure to sensitive information necessitating tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. Strong interpersonal skills and integrity are essential for this position. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and have the ability to work with others collaboratively in a professional and high-energy environment. The candidate will ideally possess agility to adapt to constantly changing demands and demonstrate capability to take on new and unfamiliar tasks. Proficiency at multi-tasking and managing priorities for senior leadership team members is required. This position is extremely pivotal to the success of a well-run, efficient operation and the successful candidate will provide examples of their organization skills, and the ability to accomplish duties in a high-impact, time sensitive environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong skillset as a proactive, self-motivated, well-organized, reliable, and detail-oriented team member. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication and negotiation abilities. This position may require occasional nonstandard work hours in support of business schedules.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Communicating with internal and external customers and executives, professionally representing the corporation and organization
- Compiling reports and reading documents for basic grammar and readability, formatting, and data integrity (such as dates that have already passed)
- Gathering, compiling and reporting on information relevant to supervisor's assignments
- Distribute reports, data, and forms to the organization as needed
- Basic research on the internet or intranet related to policies and procedures or other topics as needed
- Arranging meetings by generating and allocating invitations as directed in addition to reserving meeting rooms. This may include coordination at multiple site locations across time zones and teleconference or webcast requirements
- Organizing catering, audio/video/webcasts/IT support, and other essential services as needed
- Answering incoming calls and providing support as required and responding to general requests
- Ability to efficiently coordinate Outlook calendar and other routine items
- Arranging travel for international and domestic business, preparing expense reports in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining organization charts
- Serving as a focal point for communication and distribution of information amongst the leadership team and staff
- Assisting with organizing events and activities of organization initiatives that involve support from other department administrative assistants
- Arrange for regular meetings between the Program and OU Directors and their respective staffs
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Administrative Assistant Level 4: High school diploma and a minimum of six years of additional education and/or experience in the administrative professional field or business
- Computer skills required include expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and intranet/internet proficiency
- Must have the ability to compile and generate reports and presentations and review reports for basic data quality, data integrity, and consistent formatting
- Individual must be able to complete a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactive, highly-motivated and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, changing needs, and competing priorities
- Proficiency with oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to support a variety of management levels and staff within an organization
- Must be able to interface with executive level internal and external contacts with considerable autonomy.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Administrative Assistant Experience to a Director or a leadership team
- Experience in setting up teleconferences and/or webcasts
- Prior experience coordinating both on and off site meetings and/or events and/or webinars
- Experience with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system
- Experience arranging food orders for meetings
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working in defense customer ad aerospace/cyber security industry firm
- Existing DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience managing access and visitors to classified areas
- Experience interfacing with a large group of users/stakeholders to organize and manage program activities (Understand who to go to for what questions/issues and how team members relate to others)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top