Semiconductor Fab Operations Manager 1
The Advanced Concepts and Technologies (AC&T) group of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Engineering Manager 1 - Semiconductor Fab Operations for our Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) - located outside of Baltimore, Maryland - where we design, manufacture, and test semiconductor products for internal and commercial production customers as well as emerging technology programs.
Northrop Grumman's ATL semiconductor foundry is a unique capability supporting a range of production microelectronic devices (Silicon, Gallium Arsenide, Gallium Nitride, Silicon Carbide, Carbon Nanotubes) and providing leading edge technology development in superconducting electronics. Our devices enable a number of Northrop Grumman's ground based radars, avionic radars, and space systems. Join us for the chance to work with an amazing, experienced, and talented team while helping serve your country.
The chosen candidate will be the Manager for 1st Shift manufacturing operations and will be responsible for directing, planning, and managing several semiconductor fabrication labs.
The Engineering Manager for Semiconductor Fab Operations is responsible the direct supervision of represented employees working in a semiconductor manufacturing environment. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide direction and guidance to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies
- Responsible for meeting Fab throughput, product delivery, Fab yields, and overall fab quality and continuous improvement efforts
- Involved in staffing decisions, training, and driving engagement efforts to achieve the employee's highest potential
- Provide management with progress reports and presentations
- Work independently across the organization to meet Fab needs and goals
- Work closely with other departments within the organization to align manufacturing with development of new technology and business opportunities
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Associate's Degree or higher with 2 years of experience supervising/managing manufacturing operations including planning and scheduling workflow
- Experience with basic manufacturing and production concepts
- Experience in the semiconductor industry
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance (this requires US citizenship)
- Must be able to work 1st shift - 7:00 am to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday and occasional weekend overtime.
- Associate's Degree in business, engineering, or other technical area with 3 years of experience supervising/managing manufacturing operations including planning and scheduling workflow
- Technical knowledge and understanding of semiconductor processes and tool sets
- Working knowledge of industry and management methodologies focused on continuous improvement in manufacturing, such as SPC, 5S, Total Quality Management or Six Sigma
- Experienced in ISO 9001 Audits and Requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable of Industrial Hazardous Waste Management procedures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions within AC&T Semiconductor Operations.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top