Security Manager 2 w/ Poly
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager, Security 2position within the NGMS Security organization in Sacramento, CA. This role serves as the Security Manager for multiple programs on campus-like environments in Sacramento and San Jose, CA reporting directly to the Intelligence Solutions Business Unit (ISBU) Security Manager under the Cyber & Intelligence Mission Solutions (CIMS) Division. The successful candidate will be required to visit and work at either location as required.
In this role the selected candidate will:
- Manage a team of Security professionals.
- Lead the security management and oversight of multiple SCIF facilities in geographically dispersed locations.
- Direct activities that support DoD collateral, Special Programs and IC related contracts and will participate in business development activities, plan security support for future business and be responsible for developing and managing budgets;
- Act as a liaison between the company and government agencies in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Conduct inspections and briefings to ensure a high-level of security awareness and reduction of security risks.
- Actively manage and participate in the required self and government compliance inspections.
- Manage and oversee all facets of a comprehensive security program for a suite of SCI special programs belonging to the CIMS/ISBU department.
- Act with confidence to make critical security decisions for dynamic business that supports high value contract.
- Drive constructive change within the organization.
- Maintain a comprehensive and inspection ready security program.
Additionally, the successful candidate must be familiar with and provide guidance to ensure compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD SAP Manuals and ICDs and other security requirements; Must be able to work collaboratively with security peers within the security organization, and with business colleagues and other functional managers at the OU, department and program levels in a team environment to provide exemplary program security leadership to program management, technical program personnel, other functional team members and security professionals; Must have the ability to function with minimal direction and at a high level of productivity.
In addition to functional expertise, the successful candidate must possess strong people-leadership and interpersonal skills and will be expected to provide challenging assignments, help employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, and create an inclusive work environment.
Some business travel required.
Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 12+ years of experience in security disciplines, such as Industrial Security (IC and NISPOM) Physical Security, Personnel Security, COMSEC, Crisis Management, etc. An additional 4 years of applicable work experience may be substituted for Bachelor's Degree.
Experience within the discipline of classified information systems security, to include certification & accreditation (C&A) processes, and system/network oversight.
Ability to travel up to 10% to other sites: i.e. San Jose CA.
Must have demonstrated management/supervisory/leadership experience in a business organization.
Position requires a current TS/SCI with CI polygraph.
Three 3+ years managerial experience.
Possess a breadth of demonstrated business, financial and management skills, knowledge and abilities to ensure maximum effectiveness
Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a teamwork atmosphere with a results-oriented focus.
Demonstrated experience Strong-relationship-building, collaborative, and people skills. Ability to relate well with all levels within a diverse organization and population
Ability to work multiple competing work assignments simultaneously, establish priorities and get directly involved in a hands-on manner with staff
Ability to analyze problems, develop and articulate proactive, focused solutions and take independent action in an often ambiguous work environment.
Familiarity with ICD/JAFAN/NISPOM government requirements documents particularly in the information systems security/information assurance and physical security arenas.
Excellent speaking, writing and organization skills, enabling effective communications with team members, fellow employees and government officials.
Ability to participate and contribute to successful RFPs
Familiar with preparing for staffing plan and task descriptions for proposed contract efforts
International security experience, related to supporting global business activities
Familiar with NGIS policies and procedures
COMSEC management experience
Extensive experience with computers and desktop office software product.
Broad understanding of the Intelligence Community and be able to deal effectively with a diverse set of unique and complex government customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top