Sector USAF Business Development Team Lead
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead a distributed team of business development professionals at various locations across the United States. In addition to coordinating the activities and mentoring/supervising this team, the selected individual will be responsible for establishing a working relationship with his/her own target group of external and internal customers, and identifying/leading new business opportunities and maintaining close oversight of existing contracts at his/her selected location.
The chosen candidate will also be expected to lead teams of sector personnel in strategy development and execution, opportunity pursuit, and business capture through deep customer engagement, campaign orchestration, and supporting aspects of proposal development and submittals. He/she will perform ongoing assessments of customer requirements, determine market trends, and develop business cases that align their customer's needs/opportunities with Northrop Grumman's capabilities and discriminators. He/she will be an integral part of establishing a close link between our division and staff engineering/systems design personnel and their peers within his/her external customer base, and for enhancing external customer knowledge and acceptance of Mission Systems products and solutions.
The person chosen for this job must have had previous USAF operational or acquisition experience, either as a government employee or with a corporation that has actively contracted with the USAF in the areas of avionics, electro optics, or information systems.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in business development and/or marketing or a USAF operations/acquisition background
- Experience and adeptness in leading and interacting with business executives and technical professionals of various levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically; motivate/energize a team and ability to develop and implement creative strategies to win new business
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense acquisition process, export, and policies governing sales of defense equipment
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Advanced degree
- Experience in program planning, budget development and execution; contracting, workforce staffing, risk management, and the implementation of project processes and controls
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top