Section Manager-Electronics Engineering Manager
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Autonomous Design Center of Excellence has an opening for a Engineering Section Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo) and will support Special Access Programs (SAP) for the Electronics & Payloads (E&P) Directorate.
As a Section Manager you will be the functional manager for a team of approximately 12 electronics engineers. These engineers will be conducting design, integration, and sustainment work one a mission critical electronics subsystems such as RF Communications, IP Networks, Advanced Sensors, Ground Control Stations, Stores Management, Electronic Warfare, or IT Infrastructure.
Functional Management tasks will average 20% and the remaining 80% will be
assigned based on experience and program needs.
Functional Management Duties Include:
- Coordinate with programs to ensure appropriate staffing/destaffing and understand future skill mix needs
- Engage & develop section members (includes mentoring, coaching, recognition and rewards and career development)
- Manage all aspects of employee relations including conflict resolution
- Manage employee performance (includes development strategies for high performers and corrective actions for low performers); collaborate with IPT lead on feedback to employees
- Understand compensation strategy and make salary decisions accordingly ( includes promotion, equity and other variable pay decisions)
- Ensure common processes are used by section members across programs where appropriate; influence use of common tools and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to get cleared to a Special Access Program (SAP)
- Master's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university
- 10 years engineering experience
- Previous access to a SAP
- Experience in one or more E&P Subsystem
- DAWIA Certification
- Functional Management Experience
- Experience as a team lead or manager
- Earned Value Management Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top