Section Manager - Mechanical Engineering 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible!
SSSD has an opening for a Manager Mechanical Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a Manager of Mechanical Engineering, you will lead a group of approximately 15 engineers responsible for the routing and installation of mechanical subsystems and mechanical design integration ranging from T01 to T05 levels located in Redondo Beach, California. You will provide support to multiple space programs in both unclassified and classified environments.
Successful managers will:
- Provide leadership and direction to team members
- Ensure members have sufficient statements of work
- Manage employee performance (including engagement strategies for higher performers and corrective actions for lower performers)
- Coordinate with programs to ensure appropriate staffing/de-staffing actions are developed and execute relative to their section
- Ensure employees are familiar with, and use required engineering processes and tools.
- Resolve technical challenges on programs involving section members.
- Make decisions regarding required escalation and resources required for resolution.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of the organization including employee movement and balancing of resources among programs, and resolving critical/urgent program/technical issues.
- Provides technical support to programs and leads technical teams.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aeropsace Engineering or related STEM discipline.
- 5 years of space subsystems design and integration experience or mechanical design integration space experience.
- Experience with CAD tools
- Candidate must have an active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI clearance
- Prior functional management experience or engineering team lead experience
- Master's Degree Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with industry standard design tools including: CATIA V5, NX8 or NX10, Teamcenter, Engineering Central and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance applications (GD&T)
- Must be a good communicator and work well in a team environment
- Active SCI clearance
Back to top