Section Manager - Aerodynamics Design & Analysis
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for Section Engineering Manager 2 - Aerodynamics Design and Analysis to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The Section Manager - 2 is responsible for both functional management and technical supervision of the Aerodynamics Design and Analysis Engineering teams located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Section Manager - 2 - Aerodynamics Design and Analysis :
As an Engineering Section Manager for the Aerodynamics Design and Analysis group, you are a functional manager that reports into the Flight Sciences Department of the South Bay Aircraft Design Directorate in the Aeronautics Systems Sector. As a manager, you are responsible for the people, processes, tools, and technology to meet the current and future Aerodynamics Design and Analysis needs of the unclassified and classified programs in Redondo Beach. You will have a concurrent position within one of these programs and will assume this functional management role as an additional duty.
- Coordinate staffing requirements with all IPTs and support all staffing processes, including reviewing resumes and conducting interviews.
- Support establishment and maintenance of Flight Sciences specific processes, design manuals, and common tools for sector programs.
- Facilitate and promote improvement initiatives, and sharing of lessons learned and best practices between programs.
- Support technical oversight across the sector, including independent reviews of major programs and support of proposals.
- Identify technology needs essential to the current and future requirements of the program IPTs.
- Administer the PMP and salary review processes in conjunction with program IPT leaders and the Flight Sciences functional home room to ensure timely, accurate input from the IPT leaders, and consistency across employees in the disciplines/skill areas.
- Identify the capital asset, indirect, and training budgets required for the personnel to perform their statements of work.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
This position requires approximately 10% travel.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our " Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo "
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) from an accredited institution and 5 years of experience in Aircraft Design & Analysis.
- A current active U.S. Government issued in-scope DoD Secret security clearance or higher is required to start.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution and 5 years of experience in Aircraft Design & Analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to create inclusive teams with engaged team members
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-department, cross-function and between Program and Functional Homeroom as part of a top performing functional team
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communication skills (upward and downward)
- Experience with Functional Homeroom processes (e.g., Staffing, Processes, Metrics, Training)
- Strong technical trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance
- Current or previous SAP/ SAR - Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top