Scrum Master 3/4
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Threat Modeling Center (TMC) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as the TMC Scrum Master based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The Threat Modeling Center (TMC) is responsible for development of models and simulations used to stimulate element models of the Ballistic Missile Defense System, including kinematic missile modeling, IR signature modeling, data production/analysis activities, and maintenance/sustainment activities for the entire TMC software baseline. The TMC is a cornerstone element to the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) Engineering Directorate (DE) Task Order.
Through the role of an Agile Scrum Master, the selected candidate will lead program Scrum teams in their adoption of Agile practices. The selected candidate will work with program to gather requirements and best practices to help establish program level Lean Agile engineering and management principles and processes to support a range of programs from software intensive systems to hardware and embedded systems. Understanding the Northrop Grumman Agile Framework is essential along with the responsibility to help grow and mature this NG branded capability. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving standard agile methodologies, policies, and procedures for an Agile, iterative solution lifecycle, from an executable architecture, concept development, iterative design, production, delivery, deployment, and maintenance. The selected candidate will participate with the NGMS Agile Center of Excellence as it defines objectives, strategies, and governance for NGMS software and digital technology development and become a supporting member of the Agile Community of Practice providing input into plans and provide status on coaching and training as requested.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead the efforts of developing Lean Agile engineering and management best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
Conduct Scrum team training, product backlog and retrospective training, Lean Agile development training.
Facilitate daily Scrum meetings and regular ceremonies, collect Agile & analyze related metrics for trends and indicators, facilitate iteration/increment planning, provide Agile coaching and mentoring at all levels within the organization.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
- Scrum Master 3: 5 Years with Bachelor's Degree; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. 9 year in lieu of a Bachelor degree
- Scrum Master 4: 9 Years with Bachelor's Degree; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. 13 year in lieu of a Bachelor degree
- Active Secret Level DOD Clearance
- Must have a minimum of 2 of experience as a Certified Scrum Master (or similar relatable experience - i.e (Professional Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Practitioner, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, etc.)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in Missile Defense, Modeling and Simulation Threat Generation
- Background in SW development or SW development management
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles and requirements management
- 5 years Agile experience leading teams
- Experience giving tutorials and/or training
- Experience with transitioning teams from waterfall to agile methods and practices
- Certification in one or more of these designations is desired: Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum at Scale Practitioner, Certified Agile Coach, Certified facilitator, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Trainer, and Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within DoD or Federal government environments
- End-to-end Agile Engineering practices including value stream or Scrum or Extreme programming within software, infrastructure, hardware, and operational environments.
- Effective communicator, capable of effectively translating and presenting complex concepts to both technical and nontechnical management and customers, through presentations and written media
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top