Scheduling Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Scheduling Analyst 2 to partner with Program Management to manage the maintenance and reporting on the integrated master plan/schedule. This position is in a fast paced, strategic growth area that will require excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Maintains and coordinates the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program objectives.
- Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Project cost structure set-up and management; adherence to company policies, procedures and internal controls; and special projects as assigned.
- Receive moderate interaction/supervision/direction from Business Manager.
- Supports cost control system, monitor and control costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets and schedule for contract work and perform and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Perform schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government. Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related degree.
- Minimum 3 years of scheduling experience or related in a Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) environment or minimum 1 years with a Master's degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance required
- US Citizenship required
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
- Proficient level knowledge of Microsoft Project, preferably including creating and maintaining resource loaded schedules.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to multitask are significant advantages.
- Knowledge of MPM and SAP is nice to have.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top