SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst - Multiple Levels/Multiple Locations Nationwide
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom for our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. We are a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers.
Embark on an exciting career opportunity as a Scheduler/Planning Analyst where you will interact with multi-functional teams and be on the cutting edge of program management. Scheduling is a career that offers a consistent work schedule, good pay, and plenty of room for career advancement. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery.
Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life. Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
NOTE: This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Positions may be available in the following locations:
MD - Baltimore area
VA - Northern Virginia (Herndon, McLean)
IL - Rolling Meadows
AL - Huntsville
CA - Greater Los Angeles area, San Diego, Sunnyvale, Sacramento
Roles and Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are described below:
The range in roles and responsibilities for entry level (Level 1 and Level 2) schedulers are:
- Understand basic principles, theories and concepts of scheduling and demonstrate the ability to perform basic professional tasks.
- With management oversight:
- Input data & status schedule, update & maintain MS Project files, update and maintain Tier one schedule, and understands MS Project Global files.
- Prepare and deliver the Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) deliverables in accordance with the contract.
- Prepare data that provides the visibility needed for internal/external reviews, meetings, & audits.
- Provide interface/support to program office and team leads to identify internal and external dependencies, milestones, and deliverables.
- Can independently:
- Create valid and effective Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that incorporate all dependencies, aligns to resource availability, and identifies and aligns program milestones with contractual need dates.
- Establish ground rules and assumptions, and ensure compliance with applicable EVMS guidelines
- Identify & validate the critical path, run performance and health check metrics.
- Conduct trend analysis and report data, e.g. late start/finish, forecast dates impacts, manage program schedule margin, and changes to critical path(s)
- Monitor and develop work around utilizing schedule acceleration techniques to achieve additional margin, monitor & de-conflict internal and external influences to resources and the critical path
- Provide schedules visibility, reporting, and schedule analyses, perform risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Monitor the Program IMS to ensure the IPT Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) supports the Programs execution Plan & ensures cost/schedule integration..
The range in roles and responsibilities for our mid-level to senior level schedulers (Levels 3 – 5) are:
- Works closely with technical leads on the program to develop and status the IMS on a weekly basis.
- Ensure major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Engage with the Program Team to perform thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and suggests/creates/implements work around to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Perform risk analyses, and identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Understand numerous facets of scheduling and contribute to the development of new scheduling concepts, techniques and standards.
- Provide interface/support to program office, IPT leads/CAMs and less experienced schedulers to achieve program objectives.
- Support new business proposal providing recommendations on schedule methodologies and proposal strategies and develop an IMP and IMS.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field .(Other degrees may be considered if coupled with extensive related skills and experience)
- 1 to 12 years of experience in scheduling or a related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Level security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
Candidates with the following qualifications may receive preferential consideration:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Project.
- 3 or more years of project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tool.
- Experience working with SAP Production schedules
- Experience with resource loaded schedules.
- Expeirence supporting projects/programs of different size, contract types, and complexity
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
- Experience using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools
- Eexpert proficiency in Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools as demonstrated by an understanding of the tool's properties and functions, including:
- exports and imports,
- multi-project consolidation,
- inter-project linkage,
- ability to create a variety of views, tables, filters, and reports.
- Current US Secret level security clearance, or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top