SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodland Hills, CA.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Program Planning and Compliance Center of Excellence. The SCHEDULER is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
Working closely with the Program team the Scheduler will develop and coordinate the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program objectives and status the IMS on a weekly basis. The Scheduling Analysts will be expected to have comprehensive communication skills, involving written and oral presentations, and present IMS status and analysis to internal/external management on a weekly/monthly basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with technical leads on the program to develop and status the IMS on a weekly basis.
- Ensures the Program's Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Consults with the Program Team and provides thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and consults and implements processes and/or work flows to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Performs risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Provide interface/support to program office, IPT leads/CAMs.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced schedulers to achieve program objectives.
- Support new business proposal providing recommendations on schedule methodologies and proposal strategies and develop an IMP and IMS.
- Support NAR/ICE, Internal Audit and Compliance activities at multiple locations.
- Remote location support will require 25% travel availability, with the potential for occasional longer duration travel assignments.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THIS REQUISITION.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with 15 years' related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 13 years' related professional experience. (Other degrees may be considered if coupled with extensive related skills and experience.)
- 10 years' experience in project scheduling using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools.
- 10 years' experience using MS Office suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Level Security Clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- 15 years' experience in project scheduling along with expert skills in Microsoft Project, as demonstrated by an understanding of the tool's properties and functions including:
- exports and Imports,
- multi-project consolidation,
- Inter-project linkage,
- Ability to create a variety of views, tables, filters, and reports
- 10 years experience using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools.
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
- Current US Secret level security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top