SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Business Management team, supporting the Program Scheduling and Compliance (PS&C) Organization. This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff. The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Engage with the Program Team to perform thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and suggests/creates/implements work around to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Perform risk analyses, and identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Understand numerous facets of scheduling and contribute to the development of new scheduling concepts, techniques and standards.
- Provide interface/support to program office, IPT leads/CAMs and less experienced schedulers to achieve program objectives.
- Support new business proposal providing recommendations on schedule methodologies and proposal strategies and develop an IMP and IMS.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE ON THIS REQUISITION
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with 10 years' related professional experience -OR - a Master's degree with 8 years' related professional experience. (Other degrees may be considered if coupled with extensive related skills and experience)
- 6 years of project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools.
- Experience with Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools.
- 6 years of experience using MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- Current, active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 10 or more years of scheduling experience and expert proficiency in Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools as demonstrated by an understanding of the tool's properties and functions, including:
- exports and imports
- multi-project consolidation,
- inter-project linkage,
- ability to create a variety of views, tables, filters, and reports.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge when using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top