SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Business Management organization. This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 3 is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Engage with the Program Team to perform thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and suggests/creates/implements work around to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Perform risk analyses, and identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Understand numerous facets of scheduling and contribute to the development of new scheduling concepts, techniques and standards.
- Provide interface/support to program office, IPT leads/CAMs and less experienced schedulers to achieve program objectives.
- Support new business proposal providing recommendations on schedule methodologies and proposal strategies and develop an IMP and IMS.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with 6 years' professional related experience -OR - a Master's degree with 4 years of professional related experience.
- Other degrees may be considered if coupled with extensive related skills and experience
- An additional 4years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 5 years experience with MS Project including 2 years with MS Project 2010 or later and 2 years with Project Server.
- Demonstrated understanding of Active vs Inactive tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of Auto Scheduled vs Manually Scheduled tasks
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use formulas and look up tables in MS Project fields
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use schedule quality control tools or to use commercial tools
- Understanding of scheduling "best practices" per PMI or ANSI
- This job requires a current, active Top Secret Clearance with polygraph. (Clearance active within the past two years may also be considered)
- Experience with OnePager reporting tools
- Experience with SRA tools, preferably Full Monte
- Sufficient math (statistics) background to set up, analyze and interpret monte carlo simulations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top