SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman Astro Aerospace is seeking a SCHEDULER/Planning Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Astro Aerospace, a Northrop Grumman Strategic Business Unit. This position is located in Carpinteria..
The Scheduler/Planning Analyst is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create valid and effective Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that incorporate all dependencies, aligns to resource availability, and identifies and aligns program milestones with contractual need dates.
- Establish ground rules and assumptions, and ensure compliance with applicable EVMS guidelines
- Identify & validate the critical path, run performance and health check metrics.
- Conduct trend analysis and report data, e.g. late start/finish, forecast dates impacts, manage program schedule margin, and changes to critical path(s)
- Monitor and develop work around utilizing schedule acceleration techniques to achieve additional margin, monitor & de-conflict internal and external influences to resources and the critical path
- Provide schedules visibility, reporting, and schedule analyses, performs risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Monitor the Program IMS to ensure the IPT Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) supports the Programs execution Plan & ensures cost/schedule integration.
- Works with the IPT Lead, functional managers and control account managers to identify internal and external dependencies, milestones and deliverables.
- Frequent use of industry scheduling best practices, and specific Scheduling Tool properties and functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field. A minimum of 3 years professional related experience -OR – a Master’s degree with 1 year of professional related experience. (Other degrees may be considered if coupled with extensive related skills and experience)
- 1 year of project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tool.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- 3 years project scheduling experience and advanced scheduling skills in Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools
- Experience using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools
- Experience supporting Projects/Program of different size, contract types, and complexity.
- Experience with resource loaded schedules
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
This position is located in the Ventura/Oxnard area”. Occasional travel to Carpinteria is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top