SCA Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Northrop Grumman is seeking an SCA Shipping/Receiving Clerk to join our growing team in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. The selected candidate will be responsible for shipment, packaging, receipt, inventory, and movement of property related to the Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) Support Center Contract. The selected candidate will also be responsible for the clerical and physical tasks in connection with the shipment of property specific to the AFQRC Contract, and receiving incoming shipments.
Upon hire, the candidate will be required to immediately apply and successfully secure a Department of Defense interim Secret Security clearance. Continued employment is dependent upon the ability to secure said interim clearance and ultimately a full Secret security clearance.
- Perform packaging and un-packaging related responsibilities, including loading and unloading trucks using pallet jacks or a lift truck.
- Package material for outbound shipments; prepare shipping documentation and bills of lading per contract requirements.
- Validate all property to be packaged for shipment/stock against documentation.
- Fabricate shipping containers.
- Validate all incoming property against receipt documentation; inspect for damage, deliver to departments within QRC.
- Communicate with a diverse group of supervisors, managers, and peers from multiple disciplines and organizational levels.
- Perform physical material inventory of packing materials and establish stock levels and requirements.
- Safely move and lift heavy items
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and 3 years of experience in inventory or warehousing.
- Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs. from the floor to waist level.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to read, correctly comprehend, and follow written English instructions.
- Upon hire, the candidate will be required to immediately apply and successfully secure a DoD interim Secret Security clearance. Continued employment is dependent upon the ability to secure said interim clearance and ultimately a non-interim Secret clearance.
- Experience with general carpentry power and hand tools used to fabricate wooden shipping crates.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Access, and Excel.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top