SCA Machinery Maintenance Mechanic
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Machinery Maintenance Mechanic to join our growing team in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. The successful candidate will support the Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) Support Center by completing the repair, assembly, modification and testing of complex mechanical assemblies. The individual will interpret and adhere to currently released drawing configurations and be able to identify drawing discrepancies.
- Support the fabrication of prototype assemblies to include providing reasonable labor estimates and defining process inspection points for the development of master routing travelers.
- Maintain their area in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Identify tools, supplies and resources needed in order to maintain the area.
- Perform maintenance on all tools, equipment and machinery.
- Identify defective tools and equipment and remove from usage.
- The candidate will be expected to become paint certified and will occasionally apply sprayed coatings to the product.
- This position requires a valid interim DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher) to start.
- The selected candidate will be expected to obtain and maintain a full Secret clearance once aboard.
- Must be capable of becoming respirator certified to support the basic tasks associated with applying painted coatings (includes passing the respirator physical).
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience fabricating and assembling mechanical parts and components.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels within a team environment.
- Active/Current interim DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher).
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and adhere to local processes, procedures, and practices provided in written English
- Experience with replacing and/or repairing various fasteners and inserts.
- Experience using controlled drawings and work instructions.
- Experience using general machine shop equipment and hand tools.
- Able to perform routing maintenance on shop equipment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top