SCA Engineering Technician 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is currently seeking an SCA Engineering Technician 2 to join our growing team in Warner Robins, Georgia.
- Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables.
- Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security clearance.
- Must have 2+ years' experience soldering to IPC-A-610 or similar experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies) certification once aboard
- Ability to determine/identify sequence of operations or action to be taken
- Able to make decisions that have an impact on the organization's credibility, operations and service
- Able to wear safety gear, such as steel toed shoes and glasses.
- Ability to handle and assemble small parts
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Experience with soldering, production work, and fabrication.
- Computer skills including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top