SCA Computer Operator IV
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
The roles and responsibilities of a SCA Computer Operator IV working on the Mission Command Training Program contract includes but is not limited to the following. Monitors and operates electronic digital computers to process business, scientific, engineering, or other data according to operating instructions; sets control switches such as, Matrix display switches; ensure that correct peripheral equipment is utilized and move switches to clear system and operate the equipment; selects and loads input and output units with materials such as CD/DVDs and printout forms. Observes equipment and control panels for operator messages or error indicators. Sets up and runs diagnostic test and reacts appropriately to the messages and reports errors or machine malfunctions as required. May perform clerical work incidental to machine operations such as labeling containers, maintaining production records, replenishing specified stock items, and distributing output materials. Operates peripheral equipment to perform such operations as computer to projector. May work with multiple systems including multiple operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 7 and Virtual 3D Map, Command Post of the Future and Red Hat 6.
- The ability to obtain a US Secret security clearance is required.
- The applicant must have an Associate's Degree or a minimum of two years of computer system administration experience.
- The applicant must acquire a CompTIA A or Security certification within six months of hire.
- Continuing education in Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)/Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) computing environments is an ongoing requirement.
- Applicants must be able to lift equipment containers weighing 50lb.
- Applicants must also be willing to travel within the United States and overseas for 14-30 days, approximately 6-7 times a year, to support simulation-based Army training exercises.
- Familiarity with US Army organizations, systems and operations is a plus.
Working knowledge of Microsoft products, Office, and Windows 7.
CompTIA Security Certified
Working knowledge of Linux operating system Red Hat 6
Basic knowledge of postgreSQL
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top