SCA Aircraft Mechanic 3
- Brandywine, MD
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in
unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers.
We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with employees who are committed to innovation, development, and
discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of
technology to life.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a talented SCA Aircraft Mechanic 3 to perform/provide a variety of maintenance and technical
support and services to the Broad Area Maritime Surveillance-Demonstration (BAMS-D) RQ-4A Air Vehicle.
AVIONCIS, ELECTRICAL, AIRFRAME, and ENGINE systems, equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, at various customer
and/or field locations.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting testing, exercising, and all Flight Line/Hangar operations at CONUS/OCONUS locations.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctions to eliminate problems in minimum time.
- Installing upgrades and removing products ensuring coordinative engineering field changes.
- Performing maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly, or adjustment of various vehicle
systems in accordance with all applicable technical data specifications, engineering instructions, blueprints, diagrams, & NAVAIR/Local instruction
- Extensive knowledge in specialized airframe, engine, avionics and electrical systems.
- Ability to obtain licensing/certification for all applicable GSE/SE
-Must be willing to travel OCONUS
-An Associate's Degree in an appropriate technical discipline and 2 years of relevant experience, or 6 years of relevant
-DOD Security Clearance required to start.
- Airframe, Engine, Avionics and Electrical Experience
- DOD Security Clearance required to start.
- An Associate's Degree in an appropriate technical discipline and 2 years of relevant experience, or 6 years of relevant
- RQ-4A/Global Hawk experience
- US Navy experience.
-Composite repair a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top