SCA Aircraft Mechanic 2
- Las Vegas, NV
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a SCA Aircraft Mechanic 2 to join our team in Las Vegas, NV. The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing malfunctions, inspecting, installing, maintaining, modifying and troubleshooting aircraft and egress systems.
- Inspect aircraft and performing general aircraft handling procedures.
- Identify and isolate aircraft and engine systems malfunctions.
- Operate various aircraft and engine / egress systems using proper technical manuals, checklists, test equipment and controls and displays to determine operational condition.
- Use soldering equipment, heat guns and crimpers to install protective sleeving, connectors, splices and terminal lugs to aircraft wiring.
- Interpret equipment operational characteristics to isolate malfunctions in systems such as egress.
- Trace power and data flow using wiring diagrams.
- Install, modify, repair, or replace parts as required.
- Using built-in-test functions, test sets, electronic measuring equipment, aerospace ground equipment and hand tools.
- Remove, install, align, calibrate, and check aircraft and engine and egress systems.
- Remove and install line replaceable units, mounts, and associated components.
- Remove, install, modify, and perform operational checks of all aircraft components.
- Install, remove, and evaluate aircraft and egress systems modifications, TCTO's and repairs.
- Perform all egress/ejection seat and canopy maintenance on assigned aircraft.
- 5 plus years of experience on Air Force Fighter Aircraft Egress/Ejection Systems
- Current Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance and customer site access within 180 days of start .
- Qualified F- 16 Egress/Ejection System Technician
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top