Satellite Operation Controller 3 or 4
Northrup Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Satellite Operations Controller to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at Schriever AFB, CO.
The Satellite Operations Controller will perform real-time mission operations on complex communication systems. The Satellite Operations Controller position will encompass duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Establish voice, messaging, and data communications for multiple- satellite programs of varying priorities and classifications.
- Configurations and monitoring of displays for computer and network equipment during normal mission operations.
- Troubleshoot end-to-end communication issues.
- Multi-program coordination and scheduling using COTS software tools.
- Determination of any anomalous conditions and providing corrective actions as required.
- Generation of downtime reports and other associated documentation for operational outages.
- Support to various operations status, engineering review and problem boards.
- Identification of areas of concern, issues, inefficiencies, and other non-value added activities, as well as proven recommended solutions.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4
- For the level 3, Associates degree or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years related experience or 7 years of work related experience in lieu of a degree
- For the level 4, Associates degree or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 6 years related experience or 10 years of work related experience in lieu of a degree
- 4 to 6 years experience of direct flight operations, ground control operations, or ground processing operations.
- Experience conducting satellite operations with the Air Force Satellite Control Network in a real-time operations environment. Requires experience monitoring the activities of satellites.
- Familiarity with satellite ground systems, including hardware, software, and communications architecture.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Familiar with UNIX and Windows-based computer systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable using intercom systems, in addition to phone systems, as a frequent medium for communications.
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with users, customers, management and engineering personnel.
- Willingness and ability to work multiple shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as well as overtime.
- Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results.
- Able to distinguish the difference between colors on a computer monitor. (specifically red, blue, and green).
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelors Degree or other 4 year technical degree in a related discipline.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top